Small groups are the key to a strong fabric in a church congregation. They are where people grow in intentional learning, develop new relationships and strong friendships and sense their role in being disciples for Christ through this church and their lives.
To become part of a particular small group at First Lutheran, please contact the FLC office for more information at (218) 829-9552.
- Men's Sonrise Breakfast Bible Study: this group meets Friday mornings at Northwind Grill at 6:45am and is open to any man who wants to have a good breakfast and learn about God.
- Senior Choir: meets weekly from 6:45-8 p.m. in the Choir Room on 3rd Floor and sings 3 Sundays per month in worship. Directed by Marcus Aulie.
- Cantata Choir: this choir leads the congregation in worship twice a year (Palm Sunday and the Sunday prior to Christmas) with a beautiful musical cantata. Cantata rehearsals take place from 9:15-10:10 a.m. on Sundays beginning approximately 8 weeks before each cantata. Being in Senior choir is not a prerequisite; only a desire to sing!
- Handbell Choir: meets weekly on Wednesdays from 5:00-6:00pm. Bell Choir provides special music in church 6-8 times during the year. Directed by Jeff Lewis.
- Ministry Teams: teams generally meet once monthly and are focused on planning, leading and carrying out ministry programs of congregation. Teams are: Worship/Music, Stewardship, Membership/Outreach, Christian Education, Personnel, Property/Maintenance, Youth/Family, Social Ministry.
- Women's Ministry (WELCA) study circles: Women's Bible study and fellowship circles meet monthly during the school year around Bible study, fellowship, food and fun. See women's ministry page for more detailed information.