Booking your wedding at First Lutheran is a great joy both for you and this congregation. It means that God's gift of love has helped create the joyful bond you experience with your fiancé. Now you are ready to have it blessed by God so you can grow together in deep love for each other and for God's world for the rest of your lives.
At First Lutheran, the process of inquiring about a wedding all the way to getting to that wonderful day looks like this:
- Call the church office at (218) 829-9552 to check on date availability and have preferred wedding date penciled in on First Lutheran calendar. All wedding dates are finalized by a pastor.
- Have initial discussion in person or via phone with a FLC pastor. All weddings require that a FLC pastor be involved.
- Begin planning with a FLC wedding coordinator. Wedding coordinators at FLC help you plan your wedding weekend at church, are available for consultation, lead the wedding rehearsal and help coordinate and carry out the entire day of your wedding.
- Begin pre-marriage preparation with a FLC pastor. This includes initially taking the Prepare/Enrich Pre-Marriage Inventory. Couples typically meet with a pastor 3-4 times after the inventory has been taken.
- Participate in and complete a Lakes Area Lutheran Pre-Marriage Retreat. This is an all day Saturday retreat held at one of our five area ELCA churches (see "Retreat" in menu to the left).
- Participate in a wedding rehearsal, typically the evening before your wedding.
- Celebrate the wonderful day of your marriage!